As data controller we take all necessary steps to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and its relevant subordinate legislation when handling any personal information.
- When you supply any personal information to us we will meet our legal obligations to you in the way that we deal with that information.
- In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 we are required to collect the information fairly and to let you know how we will use it (see paragraph 2 below) and whether we will pass the information on to anyone else (see paragraph 3 below).
- We will comply with the Principles set out in the Data Protection Act 1998 and we will ensure all personal information supplied to us is held securely.
- We will ensure that any information will be held only as long as is necessary to ensure our service runs smoothly.
- We use up-to-date industry procedures to keep personal data as safe and secure as possible against loss, unauthorised disclosure or access (see paragraph 3 below).
- Should you wish to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold on you please write to the Company Secretary/Data Protection Officer, British Wool Marketing Board, BWMB - Head Office Wool House, Wool House, Sidings Close, Canal Road, Bradford, BD2 1AZ, UK enclosing your payment of £10 for our administration costs. As soon as we are satisfied as to your identity we will send you, within 40 days, a copy of all the data we hold concerning you. Please contact us at the same address if you have any reason to believe the data we hold on you is inaccurate.
What Personal Information Do We Collect And Why Do We Collect It?
- We will collect personal information from you when you respond to requests to submit an enquiry in order to provide you with information on our products and services.
- We may also keep a record of those parts of the website you use most often to enable us to monitor and improve our service and to know which parts are of most interest to you.
To Whom Will We Supply Your Personal Data?
We will only supply your personally identifiable information to any other person or organisation:
- where we need to share the information to provide a product or service you have requested;
- where we need to send the information to persons or organisations who work on our behalf to provide a product or service to you but such persons or organisations may only use this information in order to provide such product or service and not for any other purpose;
- where we are required to forward the information in order to comply with a regulatory or legal process.
- We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to any other third parties.
- We will only supply your personally identifiable information to any other person or organisation:
- What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a "device") browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other websites. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
On the British Wool Marketing Board website, cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us, where necessary, to tailor the website to your interests. Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain features cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly they may not be able to take full advantage of the website's features. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience.
- Third Party Cookies on British Wool Marketing Board pages
Please note that during your visits to the British Wool Marketing Board website you may notice some cookies that are not related to the British Wool Marketing Board. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube, you may be presented with cookies from that website. The British Wool Marketing Board does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information about these.
- British Wool cookies and how to reject cookies?
- What is a cookie?
Links To Other Websites
BWMB - Head Office
Tel: 01274 688666
Fax: 01274 652233