Temporary Warehouse Operative at Ashford Depot - Vacancy
British Wool are looking to recruit Temporary Warehouse Operatives to be based at our Ashford Depot at Walnut Tree Farm, Church Road, Smeeth, Ashford, Kent, TN25 6SA
The role is to provide assistance to the warehouse processes during our peak season. The successful applicants will be working within a fast paced warehouse environment, therefore the duties of the role are physically arduous and demanding in nature.
- Unloading of wool sheets from HGV’S
- Weighing of sheets upon receipt into the warehouse
- Prepare wool sheets to be transported to grading points
- Transferring wool to various processes within the warehouse via skeps
IDEALLY you will:
- Be self-motivated, hardworking and enthusiastic team player
- Have previous warehouse experience (at least 6 months)
- Demonstrate a good work ethic, be conscientious of quality of work output
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance
- A good level of numeracy and literacy
- Good communication/listening skills
- Be able to implement instruction/training provided
- Current counterbalance forklift truck licence - desirable
Must Have: full driving licence and own vehicle due to location of site
Duration of Work: June to September 2021.
Working Hours: Shifts are variable from 39 to 44 hours per week, working hours are between 7.00am to 16.30pm Monday to Friday.
The remuneration for this position is £8.91 per hour.
Please note: due to the volume of applications British Wool are unable to reply to all applicants; if you receive no communication within two weeks from the date of application, your admittance has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Application and CV to be sent to Human Resources.
The BWMB is an equal opportunities employer.Back to Press Releases