We're recruiting - Regional Co-ordinator (Wales)
Our Regional Co-ordinator will be responsible for running the day to day Welsh Regional Office, including administering the shearing training programme throughout Wales. It’s a challenging role, but you will work closely with our Head of Shearing and have guidance from our Producer Communications Manager, who you will regularly report to.
- Organise and co-ordinate shearing training courses and managing related enquries
- Issue relevant documentation and information, including certificates
- Maintain the shearing qualification database
- Facilitate shearing course payments via Bradford Head Office
- Process the NPTC administration as required by the Assessment Centres
- Travel to and attend shows/events in Scotland to promote the work of British Wool and actively encourage the take up of shearing courses. Attendance at Head Office meetings in Bradford (2 to 3 meetings per year)
- Act as Secretary for the 2 Welsh Regional committees, organise venues, prepare meeting papers, and take minutes
- Provide administration support for the Producer Communications Manager as required
- Carry out other ad-hoc duties that are commensurate to the role
- Must be computer literate, with experience of working with databases, good knowledge of word and excel.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills required; coupled with an enthusiastic approach
- The ability to work independently and be self-motivated is essential, but also work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrate a good work ethic, be conscientious of quality of work output, whilst performing to a high standard
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance
- Good communication/listening skills
- Full clean driving licence is essential
- A farming background or experience/understanding of sheep farming would be beneficial
- Fluency in Welsh is desirable.
Apply in writing to Sarah Kershaw, HR Administrator, British Wool, Canal Road, Bradford, BD2 1AZ or Email: [email protected]
Closing Date for applications 2nd November 2018.Back to Press Releases