British Wool – stronger together at 65th Annual Conference
British Wool held its 65th Annual Conference on 14th November at the Cedar Court Hotel, Bradford, explaining the benefits delivered by a refocused strategy.
The event included a business strategy overview, Q&A and an overview of progress from key areas of the business – Depot Operations, Producer Services and Marketing. British Wool Regional Representatives received updates on the following key initiatives:
- Opening of the new Chinese office.
- The ongoing implementation of the new consumer marketing strategy, designed to increase demand for British wool at retailer level.
- A new approach to Producer Marketing, aiming to maximise the amount of wool received.
- A programme of standardisation across the depot network, delivering further efficiencies and securing future savings.
- Enhancements to producer service levels.
Joe Farren, CEO commented “It’s very rewarding to see our new strategy delivering tangible results. We are making great progress towards some challenging targets, which will ultimately mean we can deliver our most important objective – ensuring our producers get the best possible price for their wool.”Back to Press Releases