We're recruiting - Field Officer
We are looking to recruit a Field Officer to represent and promote the organisation during the peak season months. The role of Field Officer is a new position within this area, operating in Derbyshire and Staffordshire.
The main assignment of the role is to attend livestock markets, agricultural shows and events predominantly in the areas specified above, applicants for the role ideally need to be situated in this area.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate a high level of commitment, self-motivation, and be positive to the remit required. Proactive in promoting the service that British Wool provides to raise the profile of the organisation. Experience/knowledge of sheep farming and shearing would be advantageous.
- Follow all guidance and training provided by the Producer Marketing Manager
- Be prepared to travel to all scheduled agricultural shows/events/markets in the target area as prearranged with the Manager
- Represent British Wool at all events attended in a proactive manner, networking and building positive relationships with current and potential new Producers
- Communicating with other relevant agricultural organisations to identify mutually beneficial opportunities
- Provide comprehensive feedback to the Producer Marketing Manager on any comments, suggestions, concerns, issues received during events/shows
Ideally you will:
- Be self-motivated, demonstrate a strong work ethic coupled with an enthusiastic outlook
- Confident in aptitude to motivate and influence
- Present yourself in a professional manner at events attended
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance to events
- Articulate in communications/good listening skills
- Effectively implement instruction, guidance and training provided
- Have a full clean driving licence
Working schedule: 3 days per week during June to August (including occasional weekends)
The level of remuneration for the role will be relevant to the candidate’s experience/knowledge, and will be made available upon receipt of application.
Applications (current CV and covering letter) to be received via e-mail to Sarah Kershaw, HR Administrator at [email protected], Closing Date 17th May 2019.
British Wool is an equal opportunities employerBack to Press Releases