We're recruiting - Welsh Regional Co-ordinator
We're looking to recruit a Regional Co-ordinator who will be based at our Regional Newtown office, reporting to the Producer Marketing Manager who works remotely from the Regional Office.
The role is responsible for the day to day running of the Welsh Regional office, administer the shearing training programme in Wales under guidance from the Head of Shearing, and support Producer Marketing activities.
- Handling all shearing training enquiries via post, e-mail or telephone
- Organise and co-ordinate shearing training courses
- Issue relevant documentation and information, including certificates
- Maintain the shearing qualification database
- Facilitate shearing course payments via Bradford Head Office
- Process the NPTC administration as required by the Assessment Centres
- Travel to and attend Welsh shows/events to promote the work of British Wool and actively encourage the take up of shearing courses. Attendance at Head Office meetings in Bradford (2 to 3 meetings per year)
- Act as Secretary for the Welsh Regional committee, organise venues, prepare meeting papers, and take minutes
- Provide administration support for the Producer Marketing Manager
- Carry out other ad-hoc duties that are commensurate to the role
- Must be computer literate, with experience of working with databases, good knowledge of word and excel.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills required; coupled with an enthusiastic approach
- The ability to work independently and be self-motivated is essential, but also work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrate a good work ethic, be conscientious of quality of work output, whilst performing to a high standard
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance
- Good communication/listening skills
- Full clean driving licence is essential
- A farming background or experience/understanding of sheep farming would be beneficial
- Fluent in Welsh is desirable
Working Hours: 20 hours per week (three days per week).
Benefits: Salary £8,538.40, in addition a contributory pension scheme is available to join. Holidays 22 days in the first year in addition to the 8 statutory holidays, after two years continuous service holiday entitlement will increase to 25 days per year (pro-rata).
Application letter and CV in writing to Sarah Kershaw, HR Administrator, British Wool, Wool House,Sidings Close, Bradford, BD2 1AZ. E-mail: Skershaw@britishwool.org.uk Closing Date for applications 8th November 2019.
British Wool is an equal opportunities employerBack to News & Events