After shearing, throw out the fleece onto a clean surface, flesh side down. Fleeces from the Blackface, Herdwick and Rough Fell breeds should be laid flesh side up.
Pick off any extraneous matter and remove any daggings which may have been missed pre-shearing. Include only clean, dry belly wool with the fleece before folding in the flanks toward the centre.
1) Use only clean, dry belly wool with the fleece before folding the flanks toward the centre.
2) Turn in the britch end and roll the fleece firmly and neatly towards the neck.
3) After rolling, part the fleece.
4) Without twisting tuck the neck wool firmly into the body of the fleece.
5) The resulting well presented fleece is firm and secure. Place the tucked fleece firmly into the wool sheet.